- Steel reinforcing mesh and bar is placed in the mould with provision for windows and doors
- Timber surrounds are provided around windows for fixing architraves.
- The mould is closed up and ready for pouring concrete.
- The mould undergoes intense vibration and compaction after pouring.
- Concrete is tested for workability and overall quality before pouring each module.
- The living room module with cathedral ceiling opening.
- The house is assembled in the factory to ensure that all windows, doors and fittings are in the correct position.
- Internal view showing connecting modules.
- Transport of each module is undertaken by specialist transport operators.
- All modules (6 per house) are transported to site and installed within 3 hours.
- The final module leaves the factory.
- The slab is designed with a rebate around the perimeter to aid water proofing. The modules key into the rebate.
- The bedroom module is lifted into position on the slab.
- The final module (living room) is lifted into position. Crane on site for 3 hours.
- Modules are lifted from the truck directly into position on the slab.
- The living room module is lifted into position.
- Six modules make up the entire floor plan. Lockup can be achieved on the same day as the modules are delivered
- The second last module is lifted into position on site.
Victorian Government Social Housing:
MPS was awarded a position on the panel of pre-fabricated builders to manufacture and construct social housing for the Victorian Government, Department of Housing, in late 2009.
The first house project was commenced in Wangaratta, VIC and is a four bedroom house of approximately 150m2 incorporating an internal corridor and cathedral ceiling in the front living room. Due to the superior qualities of the concrete modular system MPS was able to obtain a 7 star energy rating for the first home with the addition of some minor alterations such as double glazing and thicker foam insulation.
MPS is pleased to announce that the Wangaratta house is the first of many to be constructed out of 7m and 5m precast concrete modules for the Victorian Government in the following months.